Visit BlogAdda.com to discover Indian blogs

Wikipedia

Search results

Thursday 23 October 2014

Four Candles



In a quiet room of a small house, there were four candles which lit the room every day from dusk till dawn. The family which lived there had a small boy. Just like any other day the four candles were doing their job when the boy came in the room and started to stare at the four flames.

The boy was amazed as to how much light just 4 candles could spread. Suddenly a strong breeze blew and the candles struggled to sustain their flames, that's when one of the candles spoke to him: “I’m tired of the hatred and violence in this world, nobody wants to live together and nobody cares about me anymore. There is negativity everywhere and I feel suffocated living in such a world and so I would prefer to die instead”. Saying this, the candle’s flame was lost. This candle's name was ‘PEACE’.

The boy now a bit saddened looked at the other three trying to hold on, when another candle gives up saying, “People have become very selfish and mean. I see betrayal and mean behavior everywhere. Most of all I am no longer indispensable, so it does not make any sense that I stay lit any longer.” The breeze then put it off. Her name was ‘FAITH’

“I have lost all the strength and aspiration to stay alive either. People put me aside and don’t understand my importance. They even forget to love those who are nearest to them.” And waiting no longer it goes out. She was ‘LOVE’

Seeing the three candles go off the little boy starts weeping and asks, “Aren’t you guys supposed to stay lit right till the end?” That’s when he hears a soft voice from the fourth candle which was still burning. She said, “While I’m still burning you don’t have to be afraid. We can still re-light the other candles using my flame”. That candle was ‘HOPE’

With beaming eyes, the candle lit all three candles with the candle of Hope.

Hope never abandons you. You abandon hope. Consult not your fears but your hopes and your dreams. Think not about your frustrations, but about your unfulfilled potential. Concern yourself not with what you tried and failed in, but with what it is still possible for you to do.
-                                                                                                                                                                                                               --Author Unknown

I wish all my readers lots of Love and Hope on the occasion of Diwali. Let us all work towards keeping the flame of Peace, Faith , Love and Hope alive in each on of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate